Thursday, April 24, 2014

Back to work....already?!?!

I'm officially in my last week of maternity leave, and I can't believe the time has passed so quickly. And, truthfully, I can't believe I'm dreading going back as much as I am. I never imagined I would be someone who wanted to stay home full time, but I am (clearly, I should have figured this out before racking up student loans for law school that will ensure I'm working until I'm 75!). I am so thankful for the time I've had with Eliza while I've been on leave, and I'm hoping that once I'm back to work and we get a routine going, it won't be so bad. I just have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that I won't see her for about 9 hours every day. Ah!! Today, I went to the lactation support group that I sometimes attend at the hospital, and there were two women there who had dealt with going back to work (and not wanting to), and it was good to hear from others who had been through it and been ok. Anyway, I'm savoring every second of the next week...

An afternoon selfie is always in order. 

So focused on that apple. 

She is the sweetest. I could just sit and stare all day. 

Working hard trying to sit up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment