I love nursing her and I love the time we have together (even in the middle of the night), but I reached a point where I couldn't sustain the broken sleep and short stretches any longer AND function as a human being. So...a few weeks ago we started the dreaded and controversial SLEEP TRAINING.
The first night was the worst. She cried a lot, and it broke my heart (Brady's too especially since I sent him in to do the comforting). In all, as calculated by my stop watch, she cried for almost three hours throughout the night. :( After that first night it got a little better each night (only one night of regression). We are now about two weeks in, and most nights she goes down without any crying, may cry for just a few minutes if she wakes in the night (and I don't feed her), and is getting SO MUCH more sleep. All in all, everyone is happier and more rested. I would never trade any moment of lost sleep I've had with her or any night of her sleeping two feet away so I could hear every little breath, snort and sigh, but it's so nice to sleep again...
No comments:
Post a Comment