Friday, December 4, 2015

What's in a name...

We've recently started letting Eliza watch Sesame Street (I know they say no screen time until age 2, but OMG, that's hard.). It's usually when (on every 7th Tuesday when the moon is full) I have to get up and get ready in the morning or when she wakes up at an ungodly hour on a Saturday or Sunday and Brady and I want to pretend to sleep until the sun comes up. Anyway, my point, she isn't (yet) a tv-aholic, but she watches Sesame Street.

It took probably three episodes before she identified Elmo as her fave character (although she also squeals with delight EVERY time Big Bird appears during the opening credits).

The other night, I was trying to teach her her middle name. I kept calling her "Eliza Pearl," and would ask her "what's your name?" She'd reply, "Yiza!" and I'd say "Pearl." After awhile, she was saying "Yiza Puwl."

Naturally, I wanted to demonstrate her new trick for Brady the next day. I knew he'd love hearing her rattle off her cute little version of her name. So, I said, "Eliza, what's your name?"

Without any hesitation or pause, she replied, "Yiza Elmo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment