Friday, February 21, 2014

#%!?+*stolemyhashtag

For years, I've chuckled (and thought to myself "calm it down") at friends and acquaintances on Facebook and Instagram who constantly post pictures of their child/children (sometimes up to 10+ posts in one day)!! I always thought that while I'm sure there are a few choice family and friends who welcomed all those posts, the majority of people just glossed over them as more pics of INSERT CHILD'S NAME that they pretty much ignore. On the other hand, I've never been able to get enough of pictures and videos (really any and all information) about my nephews and nieces (further supporting my close fam and friends theory). So, I vowed I wouldn't be that parent who "over posts." 

Fast forward to Eliza's arrival, and let me tell ya, it's hard not to (by my pre-baby standards) "over post" when you think your little nugget is THE cutest, most adorable, funniest, smartest, and all around most top notch baby ever to have graced the planet earth. In the five short weeks (documented by 1,000+ pictures) that Eliza has been here, I've gradually gotten over my hesitation of over posting. I've come to realize that, yes, of course when I post something on FB or Insta I'm wanting to share the cuteness, wittiness, or whatever ness that particular post is intended to emote with all my "friends," but there's more to it. With every post, I'm creating a type of photo album or memory book that will forever be preserved and there for ME to go back and look at. Maybe even Eliza one day. I've always loved looking at pictures and often go back and look at ALL my pics on Facebook for fun. So, I guess, who cares if one of my law school classmates or acquaintance from back home thinks I over post. I do, and I'll thank myself later. 

This brings me to a comical story that comes out of my recent "over posting" behavior. Every time I post a pic of Eliza on Instagram, I use the hashtag #elizapearl. WELL lo and behold, last week while my friend Christina was visiting, she discovered that another baby was also using my hashtag!!! Christina promptly updated all Instagram posts featuring Eliza with more appropriate hashtags, including #realelizapearl #elizapearlofficial #ep1

Because there's never a reason not to post a pic, here are some pics of #realelizapearl #elizapearlofficial #ep1


No comments:

Post a Comment